The Playlist of Destiny


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Hello

Hello

Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Post That Is Like A Sponge

So today we played Gregory Terrace, and when we go there, it was raining by the bucketload. (un)Fortunately, the rain stopped before our match. But I got there in time to see the U15s play, and it was in that match where I saw the most ridiculous decision a referee has EVER made.

The GT defender shoved one of our (TSS) forwards in the back, in their penalty area. Ref's decision: INDIRECT FREEKICK. INSIDE THE PENALTY BOX.

Cue me and the 2nds coach shouting at the referee for what a ridiculous decision that was. Seriously la, if it was me playing in that match, I'd give the ref a piece of my mind. In fact I was doing that on the sidelines anyway.

Three decisions didn't go my way in our match. Two were about my throw-in technique, which apparently were "sloppy". Argued with the ref (while the game was still going on, and my teammates shouting at me to play on) about how he was only a bit rubbish. Another was conceding a freekick after the ball rebounded off the opponent's leg, into my face and (apparently) onto my hand. I wasn't too pleased about that decision. "How the hell am I supposed to avoid the ball hitting my hand after it comes off my face?!" was the question asked.

Wasn't a good first half, we conceded two preventable goals. Second half was quite an improvement, although we didn't score any, we didn't concede either. Back to the training grounds, again.

No comments: