The Playlist of Destiny


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Hello

Hello

Friday, March 13, 2009

The Post That Was Supposed To Be Posted Last Friday

So my friend Egg went to watch Kings of Leon in concert tonight, which left me with no one to go with to the footy. Some of you might've known that I really wanted to go and even created an event on Facebook and invited a few of my friends, some of which definitely weren't going to come. Anyway I'm gonna leave talking about the footy until later and start talking about concerts.



I went to watch Coldplay last Wednesday and they were absolutely brilliant. 2 hours of excellent entertainment by Chris Martin and the boys were backed up by a magnificent display of lights (... every song really), balloons (Yellow) and confetti (Life in Technicolour II). Unfortunately, this was preceded by very dull opening acts. The first one was more of an instrumental act with techno and guitars and drums and all that. The second act's lead singer was probably on some sort of narcotics and his voice was really whiney. Which annoyed me and some of the audience I'm sure.



I thought that two opening acts were tough, but spare a thought for the people watching Kings of Leon. SEVEN bands will be opening for KoL, which is ridiculous really. Okay, if you want to promote the locals bands then sure, go ahead, put a few on. But not seven of them. If they're good then perhaps its fine, but if the quality is like what I had before Coldplay, then bless the audience's patience. Opening acts are like foreplay really: if its good, then it gets you really fired up for the deed; if not, then you really just want to get things over with.



Anyway while Egg was off watching Kings of Leon, I roped in Gary to go see Geelong take on Collingwood in the NAB Cup Final. The final score was something ridiculous like Collingwood 51-127 Geelong. The umpiring in the match was pretty biased towards us (Geelong) but I guess we would've won anyway. The men next to me were persuading me to support the "superior" team but they left after 3-quarter time with me having the last laugh.



So anyway, I'll end this post with a great song:



WE ARE GEELONG
THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL
WE ARE GEELONG
WE'RE ALWAYS ON THE BALL
WE PLAY THE GAME AS IT SHOULD BE PLAYED
AT HOME OR FAR AWAY
OUR BANNER'S FLYING HIGH, FROM DAWN TO DARK
DOWN AT KARDINIA PARK!

No comments: